Beyond the Scoreboard: redefining success in a culture obsessed with winning
Let the journey begin! My next book, Beyond the Scoreboard: redefining success in a culture obsessed with winning, is ready for the public. Well, not exactly. I’m giving the book away for free, and I’m rolling it out one chapter at a time. For more info on how you can get your free copy click here.
Episode 1: Let the Journey Begin
This is Beyond the Scoreboard (BTS) episode 1. In today’s episode, I talk with Robbie Trent and Todd Earl about the first chapter of BTS: Let the Journey Begin. Robbie and Todd provide some excellent feedback that you don’t want to miss. You can listen to the interview on the Compete4Christ podcast.
But before you listen to the podcast you need to get your copy of chapter 1. You can download it here so that you can follow along with us as we discuss each section of the chapter. Here are the topics we discuss along with the time stamp for each topic:
- Are sports the unquestionable king of our society? 3:00
- What sucks us into sports in ways we aren’t sucked into other hobbies and interests? 7:00
- Scenario #1: The Coach 13:00
- Scenario #2: The High School Athlete 19:20
- Scenario #3: The College Athlete 28:35
- Reality Check 34:30
- Why do you need to desire to play the same game for God’s fame rather than your own before you will be willing to redefine successs? 48:00
- What should come next? What does the reader need to learn now? 52:30
As you can see, we walk through the book page by page. It’s an hour long discussion, but I think it’s packed full of useful tidbits that you don’t want to miss. Do you have something to add to the discussion? Post your thoughts in the comments section below!
Subscribe to the Compete4Christ blog and podcast
If you want to make sure you are notified via email every month when a new chapter of BTS is released you to do two things.